Customer Policies, Procedures & Information
(Updated May 2, 2022)
Ordering, Lead Time, Back Orders and Payment Terms:
- Ordering: Ron’s has multiple methods for placing purchase order. Orders can be placed through our broker network, email firstname.lastname@example.org, EDI via iTradeNetwork, or phone.
- Lead Time: In order to fulfill all purchase orders, we ask that PO’s are turned into Ron’s with an 8-14-day notice (not including holidays) depending on location. Ron’s will do our best to accommodate emergency/rush orders. Any products that are short at delivery will not be put on back order. Please issue a new PO.
- Payment terms: Net 15 days from shipment, unless otherwise agreed in writing. Invoices greater than 15 days past due may require a credit hold on your account until paid in full and may incur a credit analysis fee of $250.
- Deductions: All deductions must include a Ron’s issued credit memo number unless specifically agreed to in writing.
- Price Lists: Available upon request. All prices are subject to change based on changing market conditions. We will try to provide a 30-day notice, but we cannot guarantee it.
- Payment Remittance: Policies, terms and pricing are based on ACH payment remittance. Payments made by check must be mailed to PO Box 35444, Houston, TX 77235 and may be subject to different policies, terms, and pricing.
- Bid Pricing: Available to existing partners.
- Fuel Surcharge: A fuel surcharge will be applied to all deliveries when the price of diesel exceeds $3.49 per gallon. There is no fuel surcharge when diesel is below $3.49 per gallon. We use the weekly price from the “Gulf Coast (PADD 3)” category on eia.gov.
- Mandatory Lumper Services: Ron’s does not use dock lumper service, so lumper fees are not included in our product prices. If we are mandated to use a lumper service, then a recovery fee equal to the lumper cost will be included on the invoice, unless otherwise agreed to in writing.
Minimum Order Size, Location & Hours of Operation:
- Minimum order for delivery: 2,000 pounds within our regular delivery area, subject to change.
- Minimum order for pickup: 10 cases
- Retail products minimum: 5 cases per line item
- Seafood: 10 case minimum for orders that require a Temptale device or a $30 delivery / recovery fee.
- Warehouse receiving hours: Monday – Thursday, 6:30am to 2:00pm CST
- Office hours of operation: Monday – Friday, 8:00am to 4:00pm CST
- Physical Address: Ron’s Home Style Foods, 12530 Burdine St., Houston, TX 77085
- Holidays: Closed on Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving & Christmas. Please contact our customer service team for additional holiday info.
Returns, Damages, Shortages & Other Credit Requests:
- Ron’s guarantees the salable condition of its products at time of exchange to buyer or buyer’s agent.
- Ron’s does not accept returns in accordance with our food safety plan.
- Ron’s is relieved of liability due to buyer mishandling, temperature abuse, poor sanitation practices, and old age condition resulting from improper stock rotation or excessive inventory levels.
- Ron’s is not liable for delay or non-delivery caused by acts of God, fires, accidents, delays in transit, or any other causes beyond Ron’s control.
- Order discrepancies (OSD) affect federal traceability regulations; therefore, we request that shipment discrepancies are reported to Ron’s at time of delivery or within 24 hours for “subject to count” orders. Depending on the situation, we will send a revised invoice, or a credit memo. All deductions must have a Ron’s issued credit memo number. We will not accept deductions without a credit memo # as a reference.
- Overages – We will create a revised invoice with the correct quantity to ensure proper traceability. Depending on distributor AP policy, we may need a revised PO that reflects the increased quantity.
- Shortages – Shortages must be reported to Ron’s within 24 hours of delivery and notated on the BOL to allow for proper investigation. If Ron’s is at fault, then a credit memo will be issued. It is important to obtain and reference a credit memo prior to deducting from an invoice. Invoices that are short paid without referencing a credit memo may incur an order analysis fee.
- Damages – If a product is damaged upon delivery, please refuse the product with a notation on the BOL. We will issue a credit for the damaged product.
- For orders delivered by Ron’s, notify the driver and notate on the BOL. For pickup orders and subject to count orders, notify Ron’s within 24 hours of arrival.
Proprietary Recipe & Private Label Yields:
- Proprietary recipes and private label products will be shipped and invoiced for the entire batch. Average variances are less than 10%.
- We provide Ron’s Samples Kits (# YKITRONS & YKITRONSPRO) free of charge which include 6 oz. samples of over 6 different products.
- If more than 6 oz. of a specific product is required, we are happy to send a half case or full case free of charge.
- Samples should not be pulled from a distributor’s inventory without written approval from a Ron’s Sales Manager. Sample backup paperwork should be forwarded to our office at email@example.com prior to deduction. Failure to provide sample backup documentation may result in administrative fees and deductions from marketing.